- 1 Where can I sell antiques in NYC?
- 2 Where is the best place to sell antiques?
- 3 Can you sell antiques to antique stores?
- 4 How do you sell a house full of antiques?
- 5 Where can I sell my antiques on Long Island?
- 6 How can I sell my furniture fast?
- 7 How do I find the value of antiques?
- 8 How do I sell my old antiques?
- 9 How do you get antiques appraised?
- 10 What antiques are worth money?
- 11 Why antiques are not selling?
- 12 How do you sell valuable antiques?
- 13 How do you liquidate an antique?
- 14 How do you sell a house full of everything?
- 15 Should I empty my house before selling?
Where can I sell antiques in NYC?
Best antique buyers in New York, NY
- Syl-Lee Antiques. 2.7 mi. 4 reviews.
- Antique and Estate Buyers. 3.7 mi. 1 review.
- Antiques & Collectibles Buyers. 12.0 mi. 5 reviews.
- NYCity Buyers. 0.6 mi. 20 reviews.
- Andrew Fabrikant & Sons. 3.6 mi. 17 reviews.
- Sotheby’s. 4.8 mi. 26 reviews.
- Just Appraisers. 3.8 mi. 52 reviews.
- NJ Antique Buyers. 14.1 mi. Antiques, Gold Buyers, Jewelry.
Where is the best place to sell antiques?
10 Best places to sell antiques and collectibles
- RubyLane. RubyLane is the place to sell your antiques if you are a semi-pro antique aficionado.
- Tias. A very simple site that has not been updated in a long time.
- Auction houses.
- Flea markets.
- Antique shops.
Can you sell antiques to antique stores?
Vintage and antique goods can often bring you money if you ‘re selling the right items. In my experience, selling at local antique shops will bring you fast money, but not necessarily the most cash. After all, local antique shops buy with the hope of re- selling at a profit.
How do you sell a house full of antiques?
I suggest you hand pick the most valuable items and research selling them one or a few at a time. These could go to specialty dealers, high-end auction houses or private collectors. Do as much research as possible to find the market value of these items and the right people to help you sell them.
Where can I sell my antiques on Long Island?
If you have antiques or collectibles in your home and want to sell them for cash, Syl-lee Antiques is the place to turn to. We have been in the antique business for over 4 decades and serve all parts of Long Island including Nassau County and Suffolk County areas.
How can I sell my furniture fast?
If your goal is to sell something quickly, here are your five best options for used furniture marketplaces:
- Apartment Therapy Marketplace.
- Facebook Marketplace.
How do I find the value of antiques?
“In addition to online services and search engines, it is possible to find out how much your antiques are worth by simply asking an antique dealer or an appraiser at an auction house, for instance,” Martin says.
How do I sell my old antiques?
There are three basic ways to sell privately, including via the internet, to a dealer, or at auction.
- Privately. The internet has transformed the antiques trade and there are now many online auction sites and marketplaces, where you can sell your items, although there can be risks involved.
- Useful contacts.
How do you get antiques appraised?
Four Ways to Get a Free, Local Appraisal
- Attend Appraisal Day at a Local Auction House.
- Go to a Major Local Antique Show.
- Attend a Visiting Appraisal Show.
- Ask Antique Shops and Auction Houses.
- Know the Item’s History.
- Check Scope of Appraisal Before Going.
- Remember Free Appraisal Limitations.
- Selling Your Appraised Antique.
What antiques are worth money?
23 Types of Valuable Antiques to Look For
- Novelty Barware. While many barware sets have value, it’s usually in the range of $20 to $100, depending on the materials and style.
- Hunting Decoys. You’ve probably seen those wooden ducks sitting in antique shops.
- Depression Glass.
- Original Paintings.
- Barber Chairs.
- Old Clocks.
- Cast Iron Doorstops.
Why antiques are not selling?
Another reason antiques in general are not selling as well, is because baby-boomers are downsizing their homes, and flooding the market with antiques and other furniture. Large antique cabinets, bookcases and china cabinets seem too large for today’s look, and often don’t work well with open-concept homes.
How do you sell valuable antiques?
Once you have a price in mind, you have several options for selling your item.
- Seek a specialized online dealer. You can find dealers specializing in everything from antique dolls and coins to cards and clothing.
- Sell the items yourself.
- Sell to a local antiques or collectible store (if open).
How do you liquidate an antique?
You can sell your antiques privately, through online auction sites or through online advertising. For more expensive items, you can consider an auction house where the auctioneer is licensed and bonded, and makes a commission on the items sold.
How do you sell a house full of everything?
Tips for selling items from your house full of stuff:
- Compare the online auction sites based on their fees and audience.
- Reach a larger pool of buyers on social media.
- Find the right online marketplace or mall or app.
- Know the right places to sell your electronics.
Should I empty my house before selling?
The short answer is yes, empty houses do take longer to sell than furnished, occupied or staged homes. A study from the Appraisal Institute found that vacant houses sold for 6% less than occupied houses and stayed on the market longer. There are a few reasons why this is the case.