- 1 How do you display your antiques in a way that feels modern?
- 2 How do you modernize antiques?
- 3 Are antiques out of style?
- 4 How do you incorporate vintage furniture?
- 5 How do you display antique items?
- 6 How do you decorate with modern and antiques?
- 7 Are antiques making a comeback?
- 8 How do you mix antiques with modern?
- 9 How do you decorate antique style?
- 10 What are hot collectibles right now?
- 11 What are the most sought after antiques?
- 12 What antiques are popular now?
- 13 How do you make antique furniture look modern?
- 14 How do you decorate an antique bedroom?
- 15 How can I make my room look vintage?
How do you display your antiques in a way that feels modern?
“I tend to use contemporary furniture and lighting elements to give a space a more modern feel. These pieces take on an artistic quality and have energy against traditional backdrops. Another way to modernize an interior is to incorporate a bold paint color or even use graffiti on the walls.”
How do you modernize antiques?
“ Antiques add the touch of time and the human hand. Susan Sully’s 10 Tips for Living with Heirlooms & Antiques
- Don’t take things too seriously.
- Put small things together.
- Keep things in sight.
- Serve tea.
- Collect interesting flatware.
- Find new uses for old things.
- Don’t be afraid of brown furniture.
Are antiques out of style?
Antiques seem to fall in and out of fashion over time. So if you are looking for antiques, go for it! It’s a great time to buy, and they will add so much personality to your home.
How do you incorporate vintage furniture?
How To Incorporate Vintage Furniture Into A Modern Setting
- Less is more. When incorporating vintage furniture into a modern room, choose only one or two pieces.
- Each wood type is unique. When mixing wooden pieces, consider that each one has its unique wood tone and finish.
- Create a focal point.
- Use accent pieces from different decades.
- Reorganize and Repurpose.
How do you display antique items?
Show Off. Create an art gallery in your home with vintage art or posters. Gallery walls look great almost anywhere, but for optimal impact, display your art in a high-traffic area like a hallway, staircase, or the living room. Use kraft paper to map out the perfect spot for each piece before hanging it.
How do you decorate with modern and antiques?
Cover an old regency or Louis Bergere chair in an ultra- modern fabric. A piece of modern art in a room filled with antiques creates a pop. Put modern lamps on an antique sofa table, or vice versa. Place modern chairs around a beautiful, round French or English wood pedestal table.
Are antiques making a comeback?
Brown antique furniture has been in the doldrums for many years now. The good news is things are changing. The 1990s trend in interiors for pale Skandi-style woods is making way for a return to the rich dark hues of brown, woods such as mahogany, walnut and oak to name a few.
How do you mix antiques with modern?
Seven essential tips for mixing modern and antique furniture
- Harness the power of repetition.
- Add touchable dimension with textiles.
- Use oversized antiques in smaller spaces.
- Insert a subtle nod to the past.
- Use the 80/20 rule of decorating.
- Play with lighting and reflection.
- Don’t shy away from unexpected colour combinations.
How do you decorate antique style?
21 Antique & Vintage Home Decorating Ideas
- Choose a Color Scheme. Photo via @thelittlewhitefarmhouse.
- Decide on a Room Theme. Photo via @vampeva.
- Focus on One Space First.
- Mix & Match Different Antique Finds.
- Use Books for Vintage Wall Decor.
- Show Off a Credenza.
- Transform Doors into a Headboard.
- Utilize a Vintage Bar Cart.
What are hot collectibles right now?
- Comic Books. Comic books are still a very popular collector’s item — and the more vintage and rare your comic book is, the more it’s worth.
- Coins. Coin collectors truly enjoy a valuable hobby.
- Action Figures.
- Board Games.
- Trading Cards.
- ‘Star Wars’ Collectibles.
What are the most sought after antiques?
23 Types of Valuable Antiques to Look For
- Rare Coins.
- China Sets.
- Vintage Typewriters.
- Musical Instruments.
- Perfume Bottles.
- Fountain Pens.
- Antique Furniture. Antique furniture is another high-value item with many pieces ranging from $200 to $2000.
- Jewelry. Don’t forget to sort through old jewelry.
What antiques are popular now?
What Are the 2021 Antique & Vintage Trends for Sellers & Decorators?
- Chinoiserie Ceramics & Furniture — on Trend for 2021.
- Industrial Style Lighting — a Popular Item in 2021.
- Farm Tables.
- Vintage Christmas.
- Quality Ironstone.
- Cutting Boards.
- Garden Related.
- Mid-century Modern.
How do you make antique furniture look modern?
How To Make Antiques Look Modern
- Reupholster Furniture In New Fabrics.
- Mix Modern Artwork With Antique Furniture.
- Make A Vintage Rug Look New Again With Modern Furniture.
- Add In Lucite Or Mirrored Accents.
How do you decorate an antique bedroom?
Combine an old brass bedframe with ruffled lace curtains, or pair a shiplap accent wall with a sparkling chandelier. Look for items at flea-markets and second-hand stores; a little bit of wear and tear adds that depth of character that makes a vintage style room feel lived in.
How can I make my room look vintage?
Here are some tips on how you can create a vintage room decor look on the cheap.
- Shop around for furniture. Take a trip to your local antique store and see what treasures you can find. Be creative.
- Make use of fabrics. Look around for bedding and decorative items that have a vintage feel.