- 1 How do you show antiques in a modern house?
- 2 How do you decorate a house with antiques?
- 3 How do you display collectible items?
- 4 How do you display antique collections?
- 5 How do you decorate with modern and antiques?
- 6 How do you decorate an antique bedroom?
- 7 Are antiques coming back in style?
- 8 How do you decorate antique decorations?
- 9 Are antiques making a comeback?
- 10 How do you display knick knacks without looking cluttered?
- 11 How do I stop collections from looking like clutter?
- 12 How do you display figurines without looking cluttered?
- 13 How do you display glassware at home?
How do you show antiques in a modern house?
“I tend to use contemporary furniture and lighting elements to give a space a more modern feel. These pieces take on an artistic quality and have energy against traditional backdrops. Another way to modernize an interior is to incorporate a bold paint color or even use graffiti on the walls.”
How do you decorate a house with antiques?
But you can also keep reading for examples of interior design with antique furniture in modern spaces, along with tips for decorating with antique furniture!
- Layer Antiques With Contemporary Decor.
- Make A Statement.
- Use Antiques As Accent Pieces.
- Create Contrast With Old Meets New.
- Mix Real Antiques With Reproductions.
How do you display collectible items?
Here are some suggestions for making the most of a collection:
- Place mundane objects in a stage-type setting.
- Don’t let the backdrop interfere with your display.
- Add focus with lighting.
- If you have more stuff than space, display one great object in place of two more modest pieces.
How do you display antique collections?
How to display collections in your home
- Display ceramics in a vintage dresser.
- Or hang plates on the wall for an alternative display.
- Showcase smaller ceramics on an ornate fireplace.
- Display your favourite finds in groups.
- Create a gallery wall of vintage prints.
- Make a feature of kitchenalia.
- Style your own vintage library.
How do you decorate with modern and antiques?
Cover an old regency or Louis Bergere chair in an ultra- modern fabric. A piece of modern art in a room filled with antiques creates a pop. Put modern lamps on an antique sofa table, or vice versa. Place modern chairs around a beautiful, round French or English wood pedestal table.
How do you decorate an antique bedroom?
Combine an old brass bedframe with ruffled lace curtains, or pair a shiplap accent wall with a sparkling chandelier. Look for items at flea-markets and second-hand stores; a little bit of wear and tear adds that depth of character that makes a vintage style room feel lived in.
Are antiques coming back in style?
Antiques are Affordable Another major reason antiques are coming back into fashion is their affordability. Most of these pieces are incredibly well-made, meaning you can get solid wood dressers and beautiful-constructed sofas at a fraction of the cost of a new piece.
How do you decorate antique decorations?
21 Antique & Vintage Home Decorating Ideas
- Choose a Color Scheme. Photo via @thelittlewhitefarmhouse.
- Decide on a Room Theme. Photo via @vampeva.
- Focus on One Space First.
- Mix & Match Different Antique Finds.
- Use Books for Vintage Wall Decor.
- Show Off a Credenza.
- Transform Doors into a Headboard.
- Utilize a Vintage Bar Cart.
Are antiques making a comeback?
Brown antique furniture has been in the doldrums for many years now. The good news is things are changing. The 1990s trend in interiors for pale Skandi-style woods is making way for a return to the rich dark hues of brown, woods such as mahogany, walnut and oak to name a few.
How do you display knick knacks without looking cluttered?
Keep The Smallest Knick – Knacks In Jars Glass jars provide a lovely way to show off knick – knacks, and decorating inside of a jar keeps objects from getting scattered. Using jars as eclectic storage pieces by painting them or wrapping them in twine is another innovative method of clutter prevention.
How do I stop collections from looking like clutter?
- Group Like Objects. One of the easiest and most powerful ways to display various collections is to keep each one separate.
- Or Highlight Similarities.
- One way to frame a group of objects is to display them in a single bookcase, étagère or cabinet with glass doors.
- Play With the Composition.
- For a wall installation, Ms.
How do you display figurines without looking cluttered?
Use Floating Shelves Shelves or photo ledges work well with larger items that don’t belong on a wall, like globes, sea shells or vintage bottles. Even toy figurines can look surprisingly sophisticated when lined up neatly on a shelf.
How do you display glassware at home?
Hang your wine glasses with a T-Molding to save storage space.
- Hang under cabinets. Under-cabinets glass racks are just as practical and space efficient.
- Store your glasses upside down. The rim is the most delicate part of the glass, so brittle crystal is best stored with the rim up.