- 1 What is the best way to advertise a garage sale?
- 2 Where is the best place to advertise a garage sale?
- 3 What antiques look for at yard sales?
- 4 What sells the best at garage sales?
- 5 What should you not sell at a garage sale?
- 6 How far in advance should you advertise a garage sale?
- 7 How much petty cash should be on hand at a yard sale?
- 8 How do I make my yard sale sign stand out?
- 9 What are the best times for garage sales?
- 10 Are yard sales worth it?
- 11 How do you price items for 2020 yard sale?
- 12 What should I look for when selling a garage sale?
- 13 How should I organize clothes for a garage sale?
- 14 How can I maximize my garage sale profit?
- 15 Do clothes sell well at garage sales?
What is the best way to advertise a garage sale?
You can place free classified ads on such websites as Craigslist, eBay Classifieds, Gsalr.com, and YardSales.net. You’ll probably be able to specify the categories of items you’ll be selling, and in most cases post some photos.
Where is the best place to advertise a garage sale?
Sites like YardSaleSearch.com, Gsalr.com and GarageSaleFinder.com—and their mobile apps—enable garage sale enthusiasts to browse sale listings and even map out a route of their favorites. You may also want to do a quick Facebook search to see if you have any active garage sale groups in your area.
What antiques look for at yard sales?
Next time you feel that way at a garage sale, thrift store, estate sale, or auction, pull out the list of ten items that I’m going to give you today. Let’s get started.
- Vintage Tools.
- Vintage Frames.
- Vintage Jewelry.
- Coffee Table Books.
- Rusty Things.
- Folk Arty Pieces.
- Weathered Wooden Stuff.
What sells the best at garage sales?
Here are 15 popular items worth big money at garage sales.
- Old games. Old games are great items to flip for cash.
- Picture frames. Picture frames are a common item sold at garage sales.
- Furniture. Furniture is popular with the DIY crowd.
- Vintage dishes.
- Costume jewelry.
- Fishing rods.
- Camping gear.
What should you not sell at a garage sale?
Here are 10 things you should never buy at a yard sale, no matter how cheap they are.
- Baby gear. Baby in crib | iStock.com.
- Bike helmets. A woman riding a bike | Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
- Mattresses. Used mattresses | Alfredo Estrella/AFP/Getty Images.
- Non-stick cookware.
- Boxes of old LPs.
How far in advance should you advertise a garage sale?
Advertise your garage sale at least a week in advance, and longer if it’s part of an organized neighborhood event.
- Use Newspaper Classifieds. Newspaper classifieds aren’t what they used to be, but don’t count them out.
- Advertise on the Web.
- Make Yard Sale Signs.
How much petty cash should be on hand at a yard sale?
Plenty of cash. Get two rolls of quarters, a stack of 50 $1 bills, 10 $5 bills, and 5 $10 bills. Do it two days before the sale so that, if you forget, you can still get the change on the day before.
How do I make my yard sale sign stand out?
Use a thick felt-tipped pen or crayons to fill-in or color in large wide letters or use bright poster paint in a contrasting color to your background. The background should be neon pink or fluorescent green because most official street signage aren’t in these colors. This will help your garage sale sign stand out.
What are the best times for garage sales?
Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings are usually the best time to hold your garage sale. Here’s an insider garage sale tip: Consider scheduling it on the first weekend of the month—a lot of paychecks go out at the end of the month, so people will have cash to spend.
Are yard sales worth it?
Yes, it’s probably worth what you’re asking — but not to a garage – sale shopper. Your vintage goods may take longer to sell online than in your garage — but you’ll probably nab a much better price for a lot less effort.
How do you price items for 2020 yard sale?
Follow the 10 Percent Rule It’s a general rule that for a garage sale you don’t price any of your items more than 10 percent the retail value. This may seem like a very small amount, which it is, but the quantity of your items is where you’ll really be making the most money.
What should I look for when selling a garage sale?
15 Things You Should Always Buy at Yard Sales
- Le Creuset and Pyrex. Not all of us are educated on many lines of kitchenware, but Le Creuset cookware and Pyrex glassware warrant a little sleuthing.
- Picture frames.
- Specialty appliances.
- Recipe boxes.
- Exercise equipment.
- Certain baby items.
How should I organize clothes for a garage sale?
Here are Ava’s 10 tips for a successful yard sale:
- Offer at least 100 items or more for sale.
- Present an array of goods.
- Use tables and tablecloths to display your more expensive items.
- Create tags or labels to individually price all items.
- Choose your sale’s date wisely.
- Make sure you have outstanding signage.
How can I maximize my garage sale profit?
Tips to Have a Profitable Garage Sale
- Make Sure You Have Enough Stuff to Warrant a Garage Sale.
- Don’t Price Your Stuff Too Low.
- Don’t Price Your Stuff Too High.
- Price Every Item.
- Organize Your Merchandise.
- Talk to Your Neighbors About Organizing a Group Sale.
- Move Your Car From in Front of Your House.
Do clothes sell well at garage sales?
It’s normal to have a bunch of clothes you want to put up for sale. However, adult clothes usually don’t sell well, unless they’re designer brands in good condition or possibly pregnancy clothes. Surprisingly, designer perfumes do well too, even if they’re not full bottles.