- 1 Where is the best place to sell antiques?
- 2 Does Craigslist take a percentage of what you sell?
- 3 Where is the best place to sell collectibles?
- 4 Do antique shops buy items?
- 5 How can I find out what my antiques are worth?
- 6 Is it dangerous to sell on Craigslist?
- 7 Does anyone use Craigslist anymore 2020?
- 8 How do I sell something on Craigslist without getting scammed?
- 9 Is LetGo better than Craigslist?
- 10 Should I post my phone number on Craigslist?
- 11 Is it better to sell on eBay or Craigslist?
- 12 What collectibles sell best on eBay?
- 13 What are antique collectors looking for?
- 14 What collectibles are worth money?
Where is the best place to sell antiques?
10 Best places to sell antiques and collectibles
- RubyLane. RubyLane is the place to sell your antiques if you are a semi-pro antique aficionado.
- Tias. A very simple site that has not been updated in a long time.
- Auction houses.
- Flea markets.
- Antique shops.
Does Craigslist take a percentage of what you sell?
All craigslist postings are free, except for: Job postings in US and selected CA areas—$10-75 (fee varies by area) Apartment rentals in Boston, Chicago, and NYC areas—$5. Commercial real estate in the US—$5. All for sale by-dealer categories in the US—$3-5.
Where is the best place to sell collectibles?
In the United States, Amazon ranks number one, with eBay taking second place in overall traffic, and volume in the reseller field. This makes them the top two choices for many people to sell a vast array of their items.
Do antique shops buy items?
Vintage and antique goods can often bring you money if you’re selling the right items. After all, local antique shops buy with the hope of re-selling at a profit. For that reason, most antique shop buyers are going to try to give you a lowball offer.
How can I find out what my antiques are worth?
“In addition to online services and search engines, it is possible to find out how much your antiques are worth by simply asking an antique dealer or an appraiser at an auction house, for instance,” Martin says.
Is it dangerous to sell on Craigslist?
One of the most important Craigslist precautions is to be wary of scammers. In almost all cases, you are best off accepting cash for a Craigslist sale. If the transaction is for an expensive item, such as a car, meet the seller at the bank, and have them draw and deliver the cashier’s check right then and there.
Does anyone use Craigslist anymore 2020?
Summary: Craigslist came in 8th in the 2020 Sellers Choice Awards. Easy to use and profitable sums up sellers main praise for Craigslist. As in years past, sellers say Craigslist is great for selling locally, particularly items too large or heavy to ship.
How do I sell something on Craigslist without getting scammed?
8 Ways To Avoid Getting Scammed on Craigslist
- 1.) Be familiar with Craigslist and the services it offers.
- 2.) Deal locally.
- 3.) Examine the product(s) before finalizing a sale.
- 4.) Don’t accept or send a cashier’s check, certified check or money order as payment.
- 5.) Use cash—safely.
- 6.) Never share your personal information with a buyer or seller.
Is LetGo better than Craigslist?
Today, Craigslist is still the leader when it comes to online classified ads. OfferUp and LetGo are two apps that work like Craigslist, but they are easier to use and safer. Plus, they tend to have less spam, which is always a good thing. With OfferUp and LetGo, you can buy and sell goods from the comfort of your home.
Should I post my phone number on Craigslist?
But you should also be cautious of sharing your phone number on Craigslist! Automated phishing tools can easily collect your number, and scammers search specifically for this kind of information. That person can now use your phone number to harass you, and if your number is a landline, they can even locate you.
Is it better to sell on eBay or Craigslist?
Craigslist is better for bigger and bulkier items. Craigslist is probably your better bet. Craigslist has no fees to sell at all, so if you are looking for maximum profit, trying to sell an item there first is a great idea.” Check out eBay’s guide for more information about fees.
What collectibles sell best on eBay?
Toys and collectibles to sell on eBay
- #2: Disney Items. Almost anything Disney sells well on eBay.
- #3: Barbies.
- #4: Barbie accessories.
- #5: Almost anything Star Wars.
- #6: LEGOs.
- #7: On-trend toys.
- #8: Vintage toys.
- #9: Vinyl records.
What are antique collectors looking for?
23 Types of Valuable Antiques to Look For
- Novelty Barware. While many barware sets have value, it’s usually in the range of $20 to $100, depending on the materials and style.
- Hunting Decoys. You’ve probably seen those wooden ducks sitting in antique shops.
- Depression Glass.
- Original Paintings.
- Barber Chairs.
- Old Clocks.
- Cast Iron Doorstops.
What collectibles are worth money?
So to help you along, here are 15 old things in your house that could be worth a fortune.
- DAVID BOWIE’S DIAMOND DOGS VINYL.
- RETRO VIDEO GAMES.
- ANYTHING POLLY POCKET.
- VINTAGE COMICS THAT INSPIRED TODAY’S MOVIES AND TV SHOWS.
- VINTAGE ADVERTISING SIGNS.
- BOY SCOUT MEMORABILIA.
- POKÉMON CARDS.
- KANSAS QUARTERS.