- 1 How do you display small antiques?
- 2 How do you display your antiques in a way that feels modern?
- 3 How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
- 4 How do I display small collectibles?
- 5 How do you display antique collections?
- 6 How do you display memorabilia?
- 7 How do you decorate with modern and antiques?
- 8 How do you make an antique dining table look modern?
- 9 How do you decorate with antiques?
- 10 How do I display small trinkets?
- 11 How do you display a large doll collection?
- 12 How do you display collectible figures?
- 13 How do you display little knick knacks?
How do you display small antiques?
Show Off. Create an art gallery in your home with vintage art or posters. Gallery walls look great almost anywhere, but for optimal impact, display your art in a high-traffic area like a hallway, staircase, or the living room. Use kraft paper to map out the perfect spot for each piece before hanging it.
How do you display your antiques in a way that feels modern?
“I tend to use contemporary furniture and lighting elements to give a space a more modern feel. These pieces take on an artistic quality and have energy against traditional backdrops. Another way to modernize an interior is to incorporate a bold paint color or even use graffiti on the walls.”
How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
5 Ways to Display Your Collections without Looking Cluttered
- Cluster Items in Groups. Grouping items makes the placement feel intentional rather than haphazard and cluttered.
- Create Focal Points.
- Sort Items by Color.
- Treat All Collections as Art.
- Rotate Items Seasonally.
How do I display small collectibles?
- Place mundane objects in a stage-type setting.
- Don’t let the backdrop interfere with your display.
- Add focus with lighting.
- If you have more stuff than space, display one great object in place of two more modest pieces.
- Display valuable items behind glass doors for protection.
How do you display antique collections?
How to display collections in your home
- Display ceramics in a vintage dresser.
- Or hang plates on the wall for an alternative display.
- Showcase smaller ceramics on an ornate fireplace.
- Display your favourite finds in groups.
- Create a gallery wall of vintage prints.
- Make a feature of kitchenalia.
- Style your own vintage library.
How do you display memorabilia?
Creative Ways to Display Your Memorabilia
- Tabletop frame – Perfect for smaller, flatter items, like stamps or antique oil paintings, a tabletop frame is a functional and stylish way to show off your memorabilia.
- Clear boxes – Like a tabletop frame, the boxes allow you to see your memorabilia at all times.
How do you decorate with modern and antiques?
Cover an old regency or Louis Bergere chair in an ultra- modern fabric. A piece of modern art in a room filled with antiques creates a pop. Put modern lamps on an antique sofa table, or vice versa. Place modern chairs around a beautiful, round French or English wood pedestal table.
How do you make an antique dining table look modern?
You can do subtle things to make your traditional dining room less boring…even if it is just one of the tips below.
- Change the Light Fixture.
- Re-upholster Your Chairs.
- Add Upholstered Host Chairs or a Dining Bench.
- Lighten The Table With a Runner.
- Put Something Fresh, Like Plants, In Your Dining Room.
How do you decorate with antiques?
But you can also keep reading for examples of interior design with antique furniture in modern spaces, along with tips for decorating with antique furniture!
- Layer Antiques With Contemporary Decor.
- Make A Statement.
- Use Antiques As Accent Pieces.
- Create Contrast With Old Meets New.
- Mix Real Antiques With Reproductions.
How do I display small trinkets?
6 ways to display your trinkets and collections
- Pile them into a wire basket.
- Style them into small vignettes or scenes.
- Hang them on the wall.
- Prop them up in a printer’s tray.
- Stack them and make a feature of them.
- Prop them up in crates.
How do you display a large doll collection?
In general, try to keep your dolls displayed away from direct sunlight, strong artificial light (especially fluorescent lights and hot lights), and curious pets and children. Dolls should also not be displayed in areas with extreme temperatures; try to display your dolls in a temperature-controlled room.
How do you display collectible figures?
To get around this tedious task, encase your entire collection in these action figure cases and display them on a dresser, or put them up on wall-mounted shelves. Photo by midnightglory Glass shelves are your friend. Especially if you can find ones that have lighting. Glass doors on cabinets are also your friend.
How do you display little knick knacks?
5 Ways to Organize and Display Your Knickknacks
- Keep your collection in one place. The key to making your knickknacks not look like clutter is to keep them contained in one area.
- Use floating shelves.
- Keep similar items together.
- Use jars for small knickknacks.
- Make art out of your collection.