- 1 What to look for at garage sales that are worth money?
- 2 What should you not buy at a garage sale?
- 3 How do I find local garage sales?
- 4 What is the best month to have a garage sale?
- 5 Are garage sales worth having?
- 6 How much petty cash should be on hand at a yard sale?
- 7 What sells best at estate sales?
- 8 How do you hang clothes for a garage sale?
- 9 How much should I sell books for at a garage sale?
- 10 Is there an app to find garage sales?
- 11 What are the best times for garage sales?
- 12 What is the best yard sale app?
- 13 What should I put on my garage sale table?
- 14 How can I maximize my garage sale profit?
- 15 How far in advance should you advertise a yard sale?
What to look for at garage sales that are worth money?
Here are 15 popular items worth big money at garage sales.
- Old games. Old games are great items to flip for cash.
- Picture frames. Picture frames are a common item sold at garage sales.
- Furniture. Furniture is popular with the DIY crowd.
- Vintage dishes.
- Costume jewelry.
- Fishing rods.
- Camping gear.
What should you not buy at a garage sale?
Here are 10 things you should never buy at a yard sale, no matter how cheap they are.
- Baby gear. Baby in crib | iStock.com.
- Bike helmets. A woman riding a bike | Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
- Mattresses. Used mattresses | Alfredo Estrella/AFP/Getty Images.
- Non-stick cookware.
- Boxes of old LPs.
How do I find local garage sales?
Finding garage sales on Craigslist is easy. Go to the main Craigslist page, find your city page, then, click on ” garage sale ” under the “for sale ” heading. If your city has lots of sales, you can even search the Craigslist garage sale listings for mentions of specific neighborhoods or merchandise types.
What is the best month to have a garage sale?
What’s the best time and best place for your garage sale?
- The best time is generally spring, especially early spring.
- Summer is next best if it isn’t too hot.
- End of summer and fall are often ignored but can also be successful because the weather’s just as nice, and there’s less competition.
Are garage sales worth having?
Yes, it’s probably worth what you’re asking — but not to a garage – sale shopper. Your vintage goods may take longer to sell online than in your garage — but you’ll probably nab a much better price for a lot less effort.
How much petty cash should be on hand at a yard sale?
Plenty of cash. Get two rolls of quarters, a stack of 50 $1 bills, 10 $5 bills, and 5 $10 bills. Do it two days before the sale so that, if you forget, you can still get the change on the day before.
What sells best at estate sales?
28 of the Best Estate Sale Flips
- Sports Memorabilia. Score big with some sports memorabilia.
- High-end pipes.
- Vintage Turquoise Jewelry.
- Vintage Bakelite.
- First Edition Books.
- Old Apple iPods.
How do you hang clothes for a garage sale?
How to Display Clothing at a Yard Sale
- On a clothing rack. Using a clothing rack to display clothing is probably going to be your best option.
- Makeshift Clothing Rack.
- Display Yard Sale Clothing in piles.
- Yard sale clothing placed in plastic tubs.
- On the ground.
- By Outfit.
- By Size.
- By Gender.
How much should I sell books for at a garage sale?
Books: 25 to 50 cents for paperbacks and $1 to $2 for hardcovers are good prices that should thin out your library. Again, be sure to look for any books that may be of more value, including larger coffee table books or anything that would appeal to collectors.
Is there an app to find garage sales?
Yard Sale Treasure Map is a free app available for iOS and Android that takes Craigslist garage sale listings and puts the locations on Google Maps so you can quickly find garage sales around you. Click on a listing to view the complete Craigslist posting for photos, descriptions, and other details.
What are the best times for garage sales?
Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings are usually the best time to hold your garage sale. Here’s an insider garage sale tip: Consider scheduling it on the first weekend of the month—a lot of paychecks go out at the end of the month, so people will have cash to spend.
What is the best yard sale app?
8 Apps for Garage Sale Success
- CPLUS FOR CRAIGSLIST. First up is good ol’ Craigslist, the staple website and mobile app that lets people post classified ads.
- YARD SALE TREASURE MAP.
- SQUARE POINT OF SALE.
What should I put on my garage sale table?
Use wooden saw horses to create tables with an old door or window shutters. Space the horses far enough apart to support the doors or shutters. Cover the door with an old sheet. These makeshift tables are strong enough to display larger items such as an electric mixer, toaster, blender or coffeemaker safely.
How can I maximize my garage sale profit?
Tips to Have a Profitable Garage Sale
- Make Sure You Have Enough Stuff to Warrant a Garage Sale.
- Don’t Price Your Stuff Too Low.
- Don’t Price Your Stuff Too High.
- Price Every Item.
- Organize Your Merchandise.
- Talk to Your Neighbors About Organizing a Group Sale.
- Move Your Car From in Front of Your House.
How far in advance should you advertise a yard sale?
Schedule your yard sale ad to start running a day or two before the sale. Many shoppers plan their yard sale routes.