- 1 How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
- 2 How do you display antique items?
- 3 How do you display antique pottery?
- 4 How do I display small decorative items?
- 5 How do I display a small collection?
- 6 How do you display collectibles?
- 7 How do you display glassware at home?
- 8 How do you display vintage kitchen items?
- 9 How do you decorate vintage pottery?
- 10 How do you display antique dolls?
- 11 How do you display antique vases?
- 12 How do you display decorative items?
- 13 How do you display knick knacks?
How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
5 Ways to Display Your Collections without Looking Cluttered
- Cluster Items in Groups. Grouping items makes the placement feel intentional rather than haphazard and cluttered.
- Create Focal Points.
- Sort Items by Color.
- Treat All Collections as Art.
- Rotate Items Seasonally.
How do you display antique items?
Show Off. Create an art gallery in your home with vintage art or posters. Gallery walls look great almost anywhere, but for optimal impact, display your art in a high-traffic area like a hallway, staircase, or the living room. Use kraft paper to map out the perfect spot for each piece before hanging it.
How do you display antique pottery?
Display pottery by grouping like styles or colors together. This vintage green pottery display makes a beautiful impact against a white wall. Pottery can be equally beautiful when displayed alone, especially when filled with a beautiful bouquet. Stoneware crocks look lovely with rustic baskets on shelves.
How do I display small decorative items?
- Style them into small vignettes or scenes. Group a few items from your collection on each a coffee table, mantelpiece, shelf, book case, side table or credenza.
- Hang them on the wall.
- Prop them up in a printer’s tray.
- Stack them and make a feature of them.
- Prop them up in crates.
How do I display a small collection?
How to display collections in your home
- Display ceramics in a vintage dresser.
- Or hang plates on the wall for an alternative display.
- Showcase smaller ceramics on an ornate fireplace.
- Display your favourite finds in groups.
- Create a gallery wall of vintage prints.
- Make a feature of kitchenalia.
- Style your own vintage library.
How do you display collectibles?
- Place mundane objects in a stage-type setting.
- Don’t let the backdrop interfere with your display.
- Add focus with lighting.
- If you have more stuff than space, display one great object in place of two more modest pieces.
- Display valuable items behind glass doors for protection.
How do you display glassware at home?
Hang your wine glasses with a T-Molding to save storage space.
- Hang under cabinets. Under-cabinets glass racks are just as practical and space efficient.
- Store your glasses upside down. The rim is the most delicate part of the glass, so brittle crystal is best stored with the rim up.
How do you display vintage kitchen items?
7 Tips for Organizing Vintage Kitchen Collectibles
- Use the Walls to Hang and Display Collections.
- Display Collectibles on Open Shelving.
- Make Your Kitchen Decor Functional.
- Install Extra Shelving for Display and Storage.
- Think Up for Additional Storage and Display Ideas.
- Repurpose and Reuse Your Collections.
- Size Down and Keep Only What You Display.
How do you decorate vintage pottery?
7 ways to decorate with vintage ironstone and pottery
- A large display of ceramics.
- Use antique French confit pots as vases and planters.
- Display your kitchen utensils in a vintage pot.
- Create a still life ‘shelfie’
- Display French provincial bowls on open shelving.
- Display larger stoneware pots on the floor in a collection.
- Shop this look with authentic French vintage pottery.
How do you display antique dolls?
In general, try to keep your dolls displayed away from direct sunlight, strong artificial light (especially fluorescent lights and hot lights), and curious pets and children. Dolls should also not be displayed in areas with extreme temperatures; try to display your dolls in a temperature-controlled room.
How do you display antique vases?
Create a showstopper with these beautiful vase displays
- Colour coordinate the vase with the vine.
- Stack them up high.
- Enjoy a little Easter influence.
- Personalise your displays.
- Mismatch the colours.
- Serve in a teacups.
- Show off something other than flowers.
- Create a uniformed look.
How do you display decorative items?
Other Ways to Display Objects Other decorative objects can be as simple as glass beads. If you have rare objects that need added protection try a glass dome. Group the jars, domes or vases together on a tray for an added dimension to your grouping. Display cabinets and curios are a more formal way to display objects.
How do you display knick knacks?
5 Ways to Organize and Display Your Knickknacks
- Keep your collection in one place. The key to making your knickknacks not look like clutter is to keep them contained in one area.
- Use floating shelves.
- Keep similar items together.
- Use jars for small knickknacks.
- Make art out of your collection.